Le forum de la communauté francophone d'Epic, Legions Imperialis, Adeptus Titanicus et Aeronautica Imperialis

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : ...
Voir le deal

LargoW Painting Gallery

+30
Tank
humakt666
Azarm
Bab
magmainger
vonkurgan
SSB
Khan
TFXTyler
Child Emperor
Norhtak
kyril44
BlooDrunk
WARGH
Dark Sensei
Aeri
Egel
Le vénérable Zaïus
Faust
Hasdrubal
Jean (Kalia)
marell le fou
Wintermans
Somua
kuwanan
Fabulous Fab
benjoth
hugoblin
latribuneludique
LargoW
34 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant
AuteurMessage
LargoW

LargoW

LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Oct - 4:17

I bought a pack of 250 (?) off ebay from China. They cost around 10€ a pack. I glued them on big GW flight bases which had broken flight stand holes I had laying around.

Thanks for the compliments!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Khan

Khan

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Oct - 6:26

LargoW a écrit:
I bought a pack of 250 (?) off ebay from China.  They cost around 10€ a pack. I glued them on big GW flight bases which had broken flight stand holes I had laying around.

Thanks for the compliments!

I love your work. Your "Vietnam-like" scheme looks awesome ! I take this post to ask if you know someone who would sell leman russ executioner (or just the turrets).

Thx in advance !
Fabulous Fab

Fabulous Fab

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeVen 10 Oct - 7:42

Cette liste thématique est de toute beauté, bravo!
https://des-tonnes-de-plomb.blog4ever.com/
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Oct - 12:21

Urg, my motivation is slowly degrading. I am a bit dissapointed by the miniatures for my Stormtroopers. The cast is of good quality, I like the design idea, but the miniatures tend to have details I can't make any sense of. All in all they are not my cup of tea. Well, I will just paint them and get on with it. Have some photos:

LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141011_230942_512
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141011_230951_004
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141011_201835_078
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG-20141013-WA0017

Note that this was a prototype:
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG-20141013-WA0015
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG-20141013-WA0013

On top of the issues with the Stormtroopers, my VTOLs broke during the molding process because the Shapeways material somehow reacted to the mold. this destroyed the master AND the mold Sad
TFXTyler

TFXTyler

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Oct - 12:32

Very nice effect on the windshields ! I'll keep the model in mind when I do mine.
Sorry to hear about your mold. Was it that the VTOL sticked to the mold, or that the mold didn't cure ?
Hasdrubal

Hasdrubal

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Oct - 12:39

LargoW a écrit:
Urg, my motivation is slowly degrading. I am a bit dissapointed by the miniatures for my Stormtroopers. The cast is of good quality, I like the design idea, but the miniatures tend to have details I can't make any sense of. All in all they are not my cup of tea. Well, I will just paint them and get on with it.

Yep, too much details kill details, i figure what you mean.

Anyway go on, your minis are awesomes! cheers
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 14 Oct - 12:41

It interacted with the mold. I use high pressure, high temperature molding. Shapeways has recently changed the material for FUD. The "new" FUD is less brittle, so it does not break so easily, but it can only withstand temperatures of up to 80 degree Celsius. The molding process includes temperatures slightly above 100 degree. Because the change was NOT announced via public message, but only on the "material details" page, I did not recognize. Now I have to go the Bronze Metal route, introducing higher costs but smoother finish. We will see what the future will bring.
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 21 Oct - 8:45

Due to the announced pressure problems, the casts look like this.
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141015_214854_663
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141015_214912_522
I threw the mold and the master model into the waste bin and I am currently redesigning my model from scratch, with the now learned lessions.
Previous:
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Details1_alt
Now:
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Details1

Previous:
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Details2_alt
Now:
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Details2

Current Status
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Reworked_parts

But on the bright side, the shrimps are just fine Smile

LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141015_215041_394

The old Valks, the one-piece models, are now beeing painted, too.
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141020_085123_975
I have also finished the Angel Barracks infantry. Just needs basing.
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141020_085152_353

LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20141020_085214_495

Oh and I quickly finished the Thunderbolts yesterday. They are really easy to paint.
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG-20141020-WA0000
SSB

SSB

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 21 Oct - 10:12

Hello,

It seems to me you are trying to get printed models into vulcanisation process to get a rubber or silicone mould ?
Usually 170-180°C + 140 Bar pressure....

Well, I have had my share of experience on that matter. That I can share with you.

The materials used by shapeways won't resist the vulcanisation process.
To convert a Shapeways prototype (usually in "Frosted Ultra Detail" plastic material) I have a process that works very well.

First, I convert the miniature in a resin counterpart.
I found out tha PU resins (some of them, not all), don't melt, break of deform during the vulcanisation process.
It just becomes brittle. So the resin model breaks when you get it out of the mold, but the mold is a perfect reproduction.

I can give you the reference of the resin I use to do this.
I will be testing other resin résistances in the near future, to see how they behave in the vulcanisation process...

In the next two weeks, I have a miniature project that I will be doing (based of "frosted ultra detail" from Shapeways), if you want, I could document the whole process...
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 21 Oct - 11:38

Yes you are correct. Its around 100°C and high pressure. Resin COULD work but I think I will go the easier route and just use bronze. The quality of the print will be better too. Its just not that cheap Smile
SSB

SSB

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 21 Oct - 12:53

LargoW a écrit:
Yes you are correct. Its around 100°C and high pressure. Resin COULD work but I think I will go the easier route and just use bronze. The quality of the print will be better too. Its just not that cheap Smile
It will work with bronze, of course.
Resin DOES work... I do it... Smile

But look at the spec différences between Raw Bronze printing and Ultra Frosted Detail :

https://www.shapeways.com/materials/bronze?li=nav

https://www.shapeways.com/materials/frosted-detail-plastic?li=nav

For the sake of numbers :
- With Raw Bronze, engraving has to be a minimal 0,3mm
- with Frosted Ultra Detail : 0,1mm !

And this is the same for all other specs.

There is a huge difference in finesse of détails. Frosted Ultra Detail seems far better.
At Epic scale, it could mean a lot couldn't it ?

Anyway !
Whatever you choose I'll be interested by the result !
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 21 Oct - 13:00

Yes, you are right on that part. But, this also means very small parts whcih probably won't stand the molding process. Especially as .3mm should also do the trick. We will see, I am also eager to test polished bronze as well.
SSB

SSB

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 21 Oct - 13:05

LargoW a écrit:
Yes, you are right on that part. But, this also means very small parts whcih probably won't stand the molding process. Especially as .3mm should also do the trick. We will see, I am also eager to test polished bronze as well.

In the next weeks, I will produce a few miniatures printed with ultra detail, cast in a resin counterpart, then molded at 170°C + 140bar pressure.
I'll show you that you can get aaaaaall the detail... and that they can stand the molding process Wink

Well, if your models don't necessitate that much details, bronze would probably do the trick !
Can you say what difference in price there is between a bronze and frosted ultra detail model ?

Polished bronze ?
Why not.
I just don't know what Raw Bronze look like... Smile
Maybe it's too grainy and polished bronze will be better. (but with even less détails)
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 21 Oct - 13:20

Yes, that is also what I fear. Bronze is more expensive, raw bronze is 10$ flat plus 16$ per cm³, polished bronze is 20$ flat plus 18$ per cm³, FUD is 5$ flat plus 3,4$ per cm³. Raw bronze is around 3 times and polished is around 4 times the price of FUD.

I think I will look into this when I have finished my 3D model. I am also interested in your stuff as well.
SSB

SSB

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 21 Oct - 14:57

I'll show you what I do in the next few weeks.
(these are mainly Blood Bowl trophies for tournaments)

Good luck with your prints Smile
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSam 25 Oct - 21:39

Here's an update from the desk Smile
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 P1070059
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 P1070060

Thunderbolts
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 P1070062
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 P1070063
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 P1070065

WIP
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 P1070066

Heres an update on the 3D stuff.
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Valkyrie_3d_25.11
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Valkyrie_render_25.11
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Valkyrie_wing_25.11
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Valkyrie_top_25.11

I already have finished the sensor array at the front. When I upload the bloody thing to Shapeways it is destroyed on multiple occasions. Their are holes all over the model, some geometries just get lost... It is getting really on my nerves. On top of it, the VTOL above costs a fortune in Bronze.
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 30 Oct - 10:07

I have finished the work on the first VTOL and started work on the second one. Feedback welcome!
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 RenderedVTOLs
Parts:
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 RenderedVTOLs_breakdown

I also started work on the reworked weapons sprue. Which rocket pod version do you like more? The one with the small tips or the one with the holes? Size can be adjusted, of course.
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Weapons
I also started work on the Heavy Bolter in the front of the "Hunter Class" VTOL. This could also be used on other models.
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 HB
Hasdrubal

Hasdrubal

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 30 Oct - 10:12

Feedback...

Great !!! bounce
vonkurgan

vonkurgan

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 30 Oct - 10:27

Rocket pod: hole version is better

When you print on shapeway, do you use frosted détail or ultra frosted détail?

Great stuff
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 30 Oct - 10:34

Thanks! I used Frosted Ultra Detail in the past but I will switch to Frosted Detail as it is more close to the specs of Raw Bronze which I want to use in the end. Very Happy
Hasdrubal

Hasdrubal

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 30 Oct - 10:52

I prefer "The one with the small tips"...
Les goûts et les couleurs...  Wink
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Nov - 12:45

I did some work on the 3D models. They currently look like this:
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Render_valkyrie
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Render_valk

I also started work on an AMTL on Saturday. They are nearly finished as I did some work on terrain yesterday. I hop to finish them today, would be my fastest army ever Very Happy
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG-20141103-WA0007

The mentioned terrain:
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG-20141104-WA0009

More pictures on my blog, as always.
magmainger

magmainger

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Nov - 12:50

Hello,
It's just awesome! Shocked
3D models are incredible! affraid
Mag'
Aeri

Aeri

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Nov - 12:55

Your 3d job is still amazing, congrats!

Looking forward the terrain to be done Smile
LargoW

LargoW

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 4 Aoû - 13:09

I am sorry for the lack of updates here. I was pretty busy in the beginning of the year due to us moving house and blablabla excuses excuses blabla.

The Titans have been painted already, I have started and stopped building a knights army, the Hydras and the Manticores above are already done, as well are the Sentinels and the Baneblades. I have furthermore finished 6 Gorgon Siege transporters and I am currently working on two more Infantry companies, a Vulture formation, another Valkyrie with Stormtroopers formation and even more Warhounds for the Legio (have finished two so far, another three in the works).
I have successfully build a wargaming table which was still in the works last year.

But today I have returned. With pictures from YET ANOTHER HOBBY PROJECT (because you cant have enough):

LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20150804_103416_755
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20150804_103424_257
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20150804_103429_361
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IMG_20150804_103436_790

Retro-Ultramarines! Yay for hazard stripes! Very Happy

Also, have some pictures of newly sculpted Catachan dudes.
Tank Crew with Mortar fitting into Salamander Command Tanks to upgrade them to Griffons
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IG-06%2BSchr%25C3%25A4g
Veterans in Ghillie Suits and Snipers
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IG-07%2BVorne
Ogryns
LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 IG-08%2BVorne

I shall behave a bit more and try to post more regulary. Painted pictures of these in sometime in the future. IF I can stop painting Ultramarines and start painting Guard again.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: LargoW Painting Gallery   LargoW Painting Gallery - Page 4 Icon_minitime

LargoW Painting Gallery
Page 4 sur 5Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant